My whole life, I’ve never been pulled over by a police officer. Looking back, here are ten habits that have contributed to a clean driving record. You can do these, too:
1) I drive within ten kilometres of the speed limit.
2) I signal my turns.
3) I signal my lane changes.
4) I drive a car that looks legal. If your car looks illegal, you will probably get pulled over (in British Columbia, for example, this could mean tinted front windows).
5) I make sure my headlights are on at night (no headlights = possible drunk driver).
6) I make sure my driver’s license and my vehicle insurance are both valid (no insurance is an arrestable offence in British Columbia).
7) I make sure the insurance sticker on my rear license plate is up-to-date (sometimes people have insurance but they forget to update their sticker).
8) I wear my seatbelt.
9) I don’t drive like a jerk.
10) I don’t drink and drive.
These are just my personal thoughts, based on my personal experiences. Happy New Year everyone. May you all have a ticket free 2013. Please drive safe.